Cannabidiol is a popular natural remedy used for many common ailments. It’s better known as CBD and is one of the hundred and four chemical compounds known as Cannabinoids found in cannabis or the marijuana plant.
THC is the main psychoactive ingredient found in cannabis and causes the sensation of getting high, it’s often associated with marijuana. However, unlike THC, CBD is not psychoactive. This quality makes CBD an appealing option for those who are looking for relief from pain and other symptoms without the mind-altering effects of marijuana or certain pharmaceutical drugs.
CBD oil is made by extracting CBD from the cannabis plant then diluting it with a carrier oil like coconut or hemp seed oil. It’s gaining momentum in the health and wellness world with some scientific studies confirming it may help to treat a variety of ailments like chronic pain and anxiety.
Here are some health benefits of CBD oil
- It can reduce acne. Acne is a common skin condition. It affects more than 9% of the population. It is thought it’s caused by a number of factors such as genetics, bacteria and underlying inflammation and overproduction of sebum. An oily secretion made by the sebaceous glands in the skin. CBD oil may help to treat acne due to its anti-inflammatory properties and its ability to reduce sebum production. One test-tube study found that CBD oil prevented sebaceous gland cells from secreting excessive sebum and this has been backed up by other studies.
- A natural pain reliever. Among the top uses of CBD is to manage chronic pain diseases like arthritis. Over-the-counter painkillers have harmful side effects such as liver damage which is not suitable for prolonged use this is why many chronic pain patients are opting to shift to alternative medicine for the hope that the compounds in this natural oil evoke effects. Thus, providing quick relief from inflammation in pain.
- It can reduce anxiety and depression. According to the Anxiety and Depression Association of America. Depression affects about 6% and anxiety affects about 80 percent of the US population each year. Research shows that CBD oil can help with both. CBD has been shown to reduce levels of stress and anxiety in those suffering from conditions such as PTSD – social anxiety disorder an obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- It can help fight cancer. CBD oils role in cancer treatment still needs more research. According to the American Cancer Society CBD oil would slow the growth and spread of some of the kinds of cancer because it fights stress and inflammation which both are linked to cancer. Makes sense that CBD oil could help to fight cancer cells.
- It can improve heart health. A healthy diet and lifestyle is a top priority for heart health but CBD oil can also help. according to research CBD oil can reduce artery blockage, reduce stress, induce a cardiovascular response, can reduce blood pressure. It may also help cholesterol.
- It can promote bone health and healing. In the past, a study on rats with daily CBD intake healed up to 40 percent faster than those which didn’t get it. Another study related to the effects of CBD on bone health concluded ligands found in CBD oil regulated bone mass.
- CBD may lower diabetes risk. Although marijuana use is known to increase appetite. In calorie intake, it has been linked to lower BMI, less obesity and reduced chance of diabetes. In one study of nearly 5,000 adult men and women past and, current marijuana users had lower fasting glucose in insulin by 16% lower waistline circumference and BMI. and lower insulin resistance by 18% in higher HDL all these factors are connected to the onset of diabetes so marijuana seems to offer some protection.